- 1 pound linguine pasta
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 pound medium shrimp - peeled and deveined
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add linguine pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine nutmeg, cayenne pepper, onion powder and pepper; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and add 1/2 of the spice mixture, milk and cream. Heat until sauce thickens; set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm olive oil and add garlic, chicken, wine and remaining spice; cook until chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken from pan and cook shrimp.
- Deglaze pan by adding some wine and heating it for 2 to 3 minutes; add the cream sauce and reheat if needed. Pour sauce over hot linguine and add chicken mixture and shrimp. Serve 3 - 4 person.