2 tbsp Olive oil
4 fillets of Salmon
1 pinch cracked black pepper
190ml fish stock
175ml White wine
1 lime, juice only
190ml double cream
60g chilled Butter, cubed
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan. Scatter the salmon fillets with cracked black pepper and sear briefly on both sides in the hot pan.
3. Transfer the salmon to a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 10 minutes, until cooked through. Meanwhile make the sauce.
4. Return the frying pan to the heat, add the fish stock, wine, lime juice and cream and bubble until reduced by a third. Whisk in the chilled butter which will give the sauce a nice sheen.
5. To serve, slice a few cooked new potatoes onto the plates. Sit the salmon on the potatoes and half coat with the sauce so you can still see the fish and the black pepper. Garnish with a lime wedge and parsley.