- 8 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup Marsala wine, divided
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 (12 ounce) package uncooked linguine pasta
- Melt 6 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to skillet. Cook until halfway done and golden brown on both sides, about 4 to 7 minutes each side. When browned, remove chicken to a 9x13 inch baking dish. Set skillet aside, reserving drippings.
- In a separate skillet, melt the 2 remaining tablespoons of butter over medium high heat and saute mushrooms. Add 1/4 cup of the wine and stir; let reduce over low heat for 5 minutes. Set mushrooms and drippings aside, keeping warm.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Add cream of chicken soup and cream of mushroom soup to reserved chicken/drippings skillet. Mix soups well with drippings, making sure no lumps remain. Slowly add cream, stirring constantly, then add remaining 1/2 cup wine; season with rosemary and thyme. Adjust amount of wine as needed to make a nice, thick gravy consistency. Let mixture simmer over medium heat until bubbly, then add reserved mushroom mixture and stir together.
- Pour soup/mushroom mixture over chicken in baking dish, cover and bake in preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes.
- About 15 minutes before serving chicken, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add linguine and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Serve chicken breasts and sauce over the hot cooked pasta. Serve 3 to 4 person.